Searching for Ourselves
Join us for an art crawl and wine tasting exploring art with our friends from the Stanford Club. We will explore three commercial art galleries in at the Tanjong Pagar Distripark and learn about Modern and Contemporary Art in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Find out which Modern artist received his MFA from Columbia! (Hint: he founded an art school in Singapore)
1:45pm: Arrive at Tanjong Pagar Distripark for registration
2:00pm: Ferrying of guests to the first gallery
2:15pm: Tour of first gallery
2:45pm: Ferrying of guests to the next gallery
3:00pm: Tour of second gallery (wine will be served). Artist talk by Milenko Prvacki.
3:45pm: Tour of third gallery (wine will be served)
4:30pm: After-tour wine tasting at Angra (suggested purchase of one bottle)
- Please arrive on time, before 1:50pm for registration. The tour starts at 2pm sharp.
- Please give yourself ample travel time, especially if this is your first time to Tanjong Pagar Distripark. Be mindful that many drivers are not aware of the location and the spaces within the car park.
- The elevators are small and can fit only 6 people at a time, so please bear with us when moving from the meeting place to the first gallery. Because of the small elevators and numerous side stairs, it is not easy to give directions from one gallery to another. The building is not easy to navigate with its labyrinthine stairs and elevators, and guests will be shepherded by volunteers. This is why we ask you arrive on time to give time to walk between galleries and travel in tiny elevators.
- The first gallery requests that all guests remove their shoes before entering the gallery. Please wear easy-to-remove-and-put-back-on shoes.
- This is a walking tour with limited seating. Be prepared to be on your feet for the afternoon tour.
- There are public restrooms. (Not sure where they are on each level)