Happiness: Lessons from Denmark, Costa Rica and USA
What does it mean to be ranked high on the happiness index? How does a country come out on top? You may have come across one of the following global surveys:
1. The World Happiness Report is a landmark survey on global happiness by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network, a global initiative of the UN. Denmark has topped this survey a few times with the USA ranked #13 in the latest report.
2. The Happy Planet Index is put out by the New Economics Foundation, a leading UK think-tank promoting social, economic and environmental justice. Costa Rica has topped this index a few times.
Join us and gain fascinating insights from Danish Ambassador Dorte Bech Vizard, Costa Rican Ambassador Jairo Hernandez-Milian and US Counselor for Public Affairs Camille Dawson on their countries' policies and culture that have led to them faring well in these surveys.
Come and meet like-hearted people who care about this important issue. Leave with insights, inspiration, resources and new connections to make positive change in your spheres of influence. This will be a facilitated, interactive experience.
Ambassador of Denmark to Singapore: Ms Dorte Bech Vizard has been the Ambassador of Denmark to Singapore and Brunei since September 2016. Prior to this appointment, she was Director of Investment Promotion and Innovation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
Ambassador of Costa Rica to Singapore: Ambassador Jairo Hernandez-Milian has experience in the public sector, the private sector, the international arena (in financial institutions, NGOs, foundations and international organizations), and in the academia. He is currently Ambassador to Singapore and Concurrent Ambassador to Australia.
Counselor for Public Affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Singapore: Ms Camille Dawson began her assignment as Counselor for Public Affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Singapore in August 2013. In this role, she serves as the Embassy Spokesperson and directs the embassy’s strategic communications efforts, as well as educational and cultural programs.
- Date: 1 Dec 2016
- 6.15pm to 7pm – Registration and Refreshments
- 7pm to 8.45pm – Presentations by Speakers and Facilitated Happiness Exercises
- Venue: University Lounge, Level 6, Singapore Management University, 81 Victoria Street
- Cost: $32 per pax
- Organiser: Columbia University Club of Singapore, Harvard Kennedy School Alumni Chapter in Singapore & The Penn-Wharton Club of Singapore
- Venue Sponsor: Singapore Management University